top of page

Exams and Assessment Info


If your child/ren would like to undertake formal qualifications, there are a number of things you will need to organise. 

Firstly find an exam centre willing to take private candidates. These can be schools, colleges, and some tuition centres. Below is a link to the AQA website that publishes, approved exam centres in the London area:

AQA | Student and parent support | Private candidates | Finding a school or college

You can also find a comprehensive list of exam centres on:

Information on exam centres in Barnet and recommended tutors in all subjects can be found:

Once you have found an exam centre, discuss with the exam officer, what exam board they use. It is often easier to use the same exam board as the centre use for admin and study purposes, as you will need to study the same exam board syllabus. 

When you know what exam board to use you will need to visit their website to purchase the exam paper/s. 

Exam board websites are an invaluable source of information and resource, whether you intend to take the qualification or not. Past exam papers can be used for revision or to help you structure your home learning programme. They can also be used to understand your child’s learning level and how to measure their progress.


AQA – Assessment and qualifications Alliance:




OCR – Oxford, Cambridge and RSA:


OCR – private candidate information:

Should your child/ren require any special considerations when taking their exams or assessments you will need to visit the Joint Qualification Council website. 

The Joint Council for Qualifications is a membership organisation comprising the eight largest providers of qualifications in the UK. The JCQ provides a single voice for its members on issues of examination administration and, when appropriate, qualification and wider education policy.


Information for private candidates:


Past papers from JQC:

Two Pens
bottom of page